Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Today's news

Nothing new really.

I still have this cold. It's better than last week, but it's still here. I doubt that it's bad enough to delay chemo on Friday.

Speaking of chemo on Friday, IT'S MY LAST ONE!!! Yes, I am shouting. LOL! It's really too bad it just doesn't end then. I still have to combat the effects with a million and one medications for the days afterwards. I still will need sleeping pills to stay asleep even though I'm exhausted. I still will need pills to prevent the severe constipation that happens for a few days and then yet other pills for when that finally reverses itself. And let's not forget the extremely valuable (literally and figuratively) anti-emetics. Plus the aspirin, Neulasta shot, Aleve (for the pain the Neulasta shot causes), and whatever else I am forgetting. Then, I will be DONE, DONE, DONE!!!!!

Not sure how to celebrate yet. I do have tickets for a few classes on Saturday at the Creating Keepsakes Convention in Valley Forge, PA. I had registered before life turned upside down with this diagnosis. In fact, I think registration was time around when I went for the first mammogram. With this cold and the chemo the day before, I don't know if I'll have the energy to go. It will require some pre-planning (anti-emetics and fluids are vital that day), but I think I might be able to do it. Really won't know until that morning. Oh well. There are just things in life we can't control (I know, I know.. kind of funny coming from a control freak).

No comments: