Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Going, going...

Not gone yet! LOL

These are both self-portaits




This one was taken on July 5 in the back of the RV, after the massive hair loss began.










This was taken yesterday, July 10. The hair loss seems to have stopped for now. I don't really need to shave my legs or underarms at this point. But I still have this light coating of hair on my head (a bit more on the back). We'll have to see if 2 more treatments make a difference. I am so thankful to have my eyebrows... while they last that is! I hear they often go just AFTER treatment ends.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Melissa, you are absolutely beautiful. The wigs are so pretty and it's wonderful you have such an assortment of choices, but that smiling face and shining attitude are what is truly stunning. You are going to beat this thing, even through the tough parts and the fog. Enjoy the good days and know you have lots of people cheering you on!!

Anonymous said...

Melissa - I just found your blog and have to say that the recording of your journey is amazing. Two years ago I was diagnosed with breast cancer and ended up having a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction. I will keep tabs on your through your blog and send encouraging words your way whenever I can. Keeping a positive attitude and a smile on your face goes along way in helping you get through most days. Visit my blog when you have time and read my story or email me, if you want. Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

It is so wonderful that you are documenting this time in your life, you are truly an inspiration!

Jennifer Stewart said...

You look BEAUTIFUL, Melissa! I am so honored to know you. You are amazing!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

you and your silly grin!
you look adorable melissa!

love ya babe!
kimber

Anonymous said...

hi melissa! I can't believe I lost touch with you and come to find you and you're here, going through this. My heart goes out to you and your strength! You look beautiful and I agree that it's wonderful to document this difficult journey. And now that I'm only 3 hours away and getting my act together--sort of we'll definitely have to meet up again!!! take care & keep in touch!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! do you look like Hannah...