Monday, July 10, 2006

More hair (or lack thereof) pics!


A rare shot taken by dh. Me, actually in a bathing suit.
This is the only day we actually went to the beach during the day (instead of the evening). This is my number one favorite hat. It's one of those hats specially designed for bald women, so it covers a bit more of my head. I may be going back to get it in other colors. I really wish they had it in white!





This is one of my other hair alternatives. It's a strip of velcroed in hair from www.hatandhair.com. It's much better for being out in the sun and hot weather than any of my wigs. I'm just not happy with how very straight the hair is, especially the bangs. So, as you can see, I haven't been wearing the bangs at all. Plus, the hair is a cheaper synthetic so it is a little itchy and less natural feeling. I also have a baseball cap in a lavender summery print plus the velcro works in my straw cowboy hat! Pretty cool shot by Rachel.


A little self-portait. Taken today, July 10. This is my megabucks wig. Still have to name her. I wore it less flippy today and tamed it down quite a bit. I can wear it fluffier and flippier if I want to. I also change the part around. It has a see-through scalp that looks very realistic. When I wore it to a party on Sunday, I had TONS of compliments on my hair from people that had no idea what was going on. I did tell a few the truth. :) It was fun to accept the compliments before telling the whole torrid story!

Next, I'll have to post some of the balding photos. I'm getting brave here! Not brave enough to go out without something on my head yet. I suspect that won't come until I am actually really bald. As you'll see when I get around to posting the photos, I am not totally bald yet. My hair is VERY sparse. I don't need to shave my legs or underarms everyday, but I still have a few major patches of hair, especially behind my head. I expected it would have all been gone by now, but the major falling out (is there a word for this??) seems to have stopped. At least that is how it has been the last 2 or 3 days. Weird.


No comments: