Tuesday, July 25, 2006

A little giggle and a few tears

My Dad called to let me know his surgery went OK today. What surgery? oops. That's what I asked too. I'm so stuck in my own little cancer world that I had forgotten when he was having cataract surgery. It's all over, he did just fine.

He asked how my hair was doing. Obviously, Dad's not reading this blog and we haven't seen him since a few days before I started chemo. I said my hair is fine. I put it on before I leave the house and I take it off when I get home. At times, I have short hair and at times, it's long. Some days I am a brunette and some days I am a redhead. That's it.

It made me laugh. :) Him too. I still think he doesn't totally "get" what's going on. He and his fiance do keep asking what they can do. I really just don't know what to say when people say that. And in all honesty, it does make me sad bc I know that if my mom were alive, that's not the sort of thing she'd say. She would just "do." That's just who she was.

No comments: