Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The good days

I'm now three days away from my next chemo.

It seems to take a week for the poison to get out of my system. Of course, I know it's not really out of my system in that time. The effects do continue, but after a week, I feel pretty much normal. I'm left with a little less energy and some acid reflux, nothing major. I can sleep. It's a very strange thing around that one week point. It's really does feel like a fog lifting. And then it's gone, as if it had never happened in the first place.

The problem with the good days, like today, is that it only means that it's almost time to start all over again. I have to admit to brief fleeting moments when I just don't want to do it again. I just want to go back on with my life, keep getting stronger, and get back into shape! Before this diagnosis, I had been working hard at eating right and exercise. I lost over 15 lbs and dropped a few pants sizes. I NEVER drop top or dress sizes, so I suppose that may be one benefit of my future surgery. :)

No comments: