Friday, July 14, 2006

chemo day update

Accessing the port did not hurt this time. Barely felt it at all. :) A very good thing! Used both the EMLA and the spray.

I went into this tired today. I'm a little anemic compared to where I started so that may have a tiny bit to do with it. Not enough to need meds for. If I drop further, that may mean another injection. Not a big deal. I also didn't take a sleeping pill the night before (hi Patria! LOL), I only take them a few days after chemo, but might just take one before the next one in 2 weeks. I did some puzzles (the ever popular sudoku) and read a bit. I even tried to take a short nap but I'm too light of a sleeper, especially in a medical environment. One of the docs came into the room and was asking a nurse the dose for something. Somehow, I could hear that in my sleep (if any of my medical friends are around, they'll relate. it's a holdover from residency) and I instantly woke up and gave them the answer.

I left VERY tired. Came home and napped a little. Woke up and picked up Rachel, came home and went back to bed. I'm up now bc I needed a Zofran. I need to sit up and get another cup or two of liquids in as well. Not happy bc in the last 2 cycles, I didn't take it on the first day bc I felt that I needed it. I just took it the first night as a preventative according to the schedule I was given. Actually, in the time I've been sitting here, I think the Zofran is starting to kick in a little. Maybe I can actually eat dinner soon. :) I'm thinking soup for me tonight- more liquids and light on the tummy.

Waiting for the steroid induced energy to kick in! That will take me through Monday. Yeah, yeah. The steroids are why I need sleeping pills for a few days and why I am going to eat us out of house and home, but they are good for that burst of energy!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A Blog... oh my gosh! Where have I been???

I'll have to take a break and read up here. ;)

Hang in there chick! You are almost DONE!

I'm sending you lots of prayers and hugs and wishes for you to feel GREAT!

I'll call you on Monday... unless you call me sooner! ;)

XO!
Dana

Anonymous said...

Hey Melissa, I found your blog via your sig line on Two Peas. Hang in there! I hope you can get some sleep!

Peace,
Kim

Anonymous said...

Dude, I had no idea you were going through all this. I really admire you from afar and am rooting for you now!

You remind me of an OB I met in S. Orange, NJ when I nannied for a summer. Sometimes I've been tempted to ask if you're her because you look a lot like her.

Anyway... Good thoughts to you!