Friday, September 01, 2006

I've been ignoring you

and just about everything else too, especially cancer related things.

It might be a step back into denial, but it's also a step into reclaiming my non-cancer related life, albeit temporarily.

Since I lasted posted, we've been on vacation and I've returned to work. We've also picked a new dance school for Rachel (a lengthy process.. took all summer bc I wasn't up to visiting them and she was at dance camp and then the summer intensive program at her old school). I had my pre-op appointment for my soon-to-be-eliminated ovaries and tubes. I've pulled away from reading the various cancer message boards and my support groups on a very regular basis and even delayed returning emails from my cancer-related buddies (I owe several of you emails still, I know!). I've dropped the number of daily meds down to a dull roar. I'm down to my basic three for allergies and asthma plus Pepcid for the acid reflux. That's improving too, a month post-chemo, and I don't need it as much anymore.

I'm starting to get ready for the upcoming surgeries bit by bit. Bought a pair of Karen Neuberger PJs (capri length bottoms so I don't have to hem them. LOL). Found a way for Rachel to get to and from her 3x a week ballet lessons. Even went to Super Suppers http://www.supersuppers.com last night and made a bunch of dinners (birthday present from my sister). The freezer is now completely packed. Not a bit of space in there at all.

I've been slllooowwwlllyyyy workingn on getting the house in order. I'm at the stage where it looks worse now than it did when I started but there are a few big bags of trash so once things go back together, it will be better. It has to be, right? LOL. Rachel and I have made some headway in the playroom this morning. My SIL and BIL are coming to pick up the baby furniture this weekend, including the dresser Rachel's been using to store her dress up clothing. We've been through all of it, except the hats, and have cut way back on what she's keeping. She's 9. I'm guessing dress up will be ending sometime soon. We packed up things that are too small for a friend's 4 yr old and put away some things for my niece for when she's older. I think we made significant progress going from an entire dresser to a small canvas cube.

The other thing I wasted/spent my morning on was getting pictures printed. I'm not only horrendously behind in scrapping but in printing photos. I found this site today http://www.vistaprint.com/frf?frf=485870693770 via someone else's recommendation (you get a discount if you order via that link and I get a few more free prints). The prints are 10 cents a piece for 4x6. First 30 are free. I think 5x7 were 19 cents. Shipping was a bit high but then again, I ordered over 300 prints. It still worked out to an average of under 15 cents a print, including the 5x7s and that's with priority shipping. Aside from the card in my camera now (which has everything from July and August), I'm now caught up in printing, except for the enlargements and odd sizes that I do at home for layouts.

And on the cancer-related front, I found a few tiny little stubbles on my head. Very tiny and very few, but it's a start.

Pictures to follow (Alabama, Rachel at Space Camp, the progress of my hair growth or lack there of) .... eventually!

No comments: