Sunday, September 03, 2006

In honor of today's shuttle launch

Space Shuttle Commander Rachel
Photo taken at Space Camp Graduation- 8/25/06
When I came home from work this morning at 7:30am, the NASA station was already on. We all watched every last detail of today's launch. TIVO-ed it too. Rachel had such a blast at Space Camp, learned so much and developed a huge interest in the space program. For her first shuttle mission, she was Flight Engineer 2 and performed research experiments on board the simulator. For their final mission at the end of the week, she was the mission commander. She successfully landed the shuttle on the runway... the second time that is! The first time, she landed it in the ocean, but was given a second chance. She's quick to point out that the shuttle is equipped for emergency water landings and everyone would have been just fine. LOL! She's planning to be the first ballerina to dance on the moon... or maybe Mars.
Lots of things to update you on... but lots to do around this house too! Surgery is *THIS* Tuesday, Sept 12 at 7 am. I should be back home on the 14th. Hoping to get a chance to update before then. I do need to share my latest in my hair loss saga, my bday, my tickets to the Martha Stewart special show for breast cancer survivors, and more.

1 comment:

scrapperjen said...

What a cute astronaut and how cool!!!
Good luck with the surgery.