Thursday, September 28, 2006

Getting Ready for Martha.. lessons

In a little while, Patria and I will leave for a special taping of the Martha Stewart show. :)

In the meantime, I have learned that it is very tricky to put mascara on super short lashes. It's something they definitely did not teach in the "Look Good, Feel Better" program I attended from the American Cancer Society in June. I learned what to do for when I had no lashes (never did it though) and how to make eyebrows . Never did that either bc I kept 4 or 5 entire hairs on each side and I simply pretended they were eyebrows. I will have to post on of those photos someday. I hope they are longer the next time I'll be putting make up. That will be in a little over 2 weeks, for my Dad's wedding. (As an aside, there really needs to be a better name for what I refer to his soon2be wife... I'm too old for her to be my step-mother, but there needs to be a different title other than "Dad's wife.")

I've also learned that between Rachel and I we have exactly 10001 shades of lipstick. Does that mean that any work for me? No. The ONE shade, something I got in my gift bag from the ACS, is missing. I cannot remember where I last used it or left it. Figures, huh?

I've also learned that my post-chemo skin is STILL so dry that even a moisturizer followed by a liquid foundation with a moisturizer built in is NOT enough. If I had not had such a strong skin reaction to having had my eyebrows waxed this week (can you believe I had enough for waxing in just two weeks?? still amazed over that), I'd go get a facial and see if that would help but my skin is so sensative, I'm a little nervous about doing anything else to it. It's always been sensitive, but now it's magnified a few times... and different. So different from what I've alway had. Wonder if it will ever really return to normal.

No comments: