Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Sept 12, 2006

Today's the day.

Still feels very surreal. I suppose it won't feel real until I wake up from surgery.

We need to be there at 6 am. Surgery is actually scheduled for 7:30am. I still expect to be done around lunch time... whenever that is. LOL

Just going to have to deal with the bald head and the bizarro eyebrows. They are now growing in while they are still falling out. Looked better, I think, as one or the other! Not both. Oh well. There are little tiny hairs in the portion of each eyebrow closest to the nose. This is a weird stage. I need to shave my legs every 2 or 3 days, don't need to shave my underarms at all and three are maybe three tiny new hairs on my head, but that hair has thinned MORE over the last 2 weeks. Still, it's all good. All signs that everything is coming back... or starting over. The latter is more apropo.

As my friend Kim said, here's to eyebrow waxing, mascara, blow dryers and great big round brushes, curling irons, shaving my legs, menopause (I added that one), NO MORE UNDERWIRES!!!!!!, no more birth control of any sort, cute little bras in every color with matching panties, a top and a bottom that match in size, and no more cancer ever!

17 comments:

Shirley said...

GIANT HUGS and P&PT heading your way, Melissa!!!!

danahollis said...

I'll join you in that toast! ;)

You should be well into surgery by now. I'm thinking of you!!!

Hugs,
Dana

danahollis said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colleen said...

Praying for you today. we've all been keeping you in our thoughts today, Melissa. Many ((((HUGS))))) to you. Colleen

Francine said...

Wishing you all the best Melissa ((HUGS))

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,

My thoughts and prayers are with you as you undergo another step in your recovery.

Anonymous said...

Melissa- Thought about you all day today. I hope things are going well and that you know how much you are loved. Your attitude is awesome! Just had to let you know that I think you ROCK!!!

biggest hugs!
Peg

Anonymous said...

I've been quoted??? :) Still thinking of you...and sweet prayers that you are in recovery and have hopefully had some dinner by now!!! By the way, you left curling irons off the list! :)

Love you girl!
*hugs*
Kim

Anonymous said...

Big hugs to you..

Anonymous said...

I hope your surgery went well and you are on the road to recovery!!

Kristin said...

Melissa,
Someone at 2peas posted that you were having surgery today. I hope it went well and you heal quickly.

I just read your post about 9-11 and your dh. As many stories as I have read or heard nothing made it seem real as when I read your story. living in Ak. we just feel so isolated from the rest of the states and it was as if it was in another country. I am glad your dh is safe an thank you for sharing your story.

Peace and healing,

Kristin (frozenpea)

Anonymous said...

You are so brave. I am praying that your surgeon(s) do an amazing job and that you come out of this stronger than ever.

Hair is just hair...it will all grow back. Your survival is what's more important.

Take special care of you. All the Peas are fighting with you.

With love,
EllaPea

Anonymous said...

I've been thinking about you and hoping the surgery went well for you.

{{hugs}}

sarahp

Anonymous said...

I am a fellow pea. I had NO idea you were battling cancer. You will be in my thoughts during your recovery. I will also send happy hair thoughts. Mine is falling out but it is genetic so I'd better get used to it.

Best wishes!

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for your fast recovery, Melissa. You are a sweet pea, and you are missed.

Margie Higuchi said...

Hey, Melissa! Just read on 2Peas that your surgery was successful! Sweet gentle {{{hugs}}} your way, my friend!! MargieH in Chicago

di.di said...

Get well soon...