Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Cruise highlights and a little lowlight

Some shots from the cruise:



This is actually from the return trip, in the wee hours of the morning (about 5:30 am) just after we crossed under the bridge on the way to the pier (midtown Manhattan). I have some cool shots of the Statue of Liberty, but most of them were taken on the vertical, so you'll have to wait for at least some basic photo editting! These are all straight out of the camera. :)





Iguanas were everywhere in St. Thomas. This was one of many hanging out in the outdoor eating area at Coral World.




I loved this shot on the little screen on my camera. If you can't tell, it's a turtle peering out over the water. I'm now itching to learn how to use photo actions to make some of these sorts of shots even better. I've got a ton to learn first, I think.. maybe.






This is the only formal shot we bought. Incidentally, it scanned just fine, as you can see. I was not pleased with the cost of the pictures on this cruise. More than I had remembered from other cruises, plus there were no candids like we had on other cruiselines. The candids were usually my favorites. Plus both my husband and daughter said my photos are better than the ones we had to pick from. Maybe, maybe not... but I'm not in the photos I take. Anyway, I had to buy this one because it is the only picture of me in my new dress. :P I like this dress. It's essentially the same style as the one below, (the one I bought for Jessica's Bat Mitzvah) but obviously more summery.


Just found this one. It's from the second formal night, taken on our enormous wrap around balcony. It's probably the best example of where my hair is now, a year after chemo was done. Still very curly, but then again, I have not had it cut yet. This was taken about a week before my birthday. For contrast, you might want to look here (scroll down to Oct 13.. yes my bday is Sept 6, but I was otherwise occupied last September so it wasn't posted til the next month). Hey look- there's even a hint of cleavage. That's all. A hint. And that's just fine.




Here I go again. This is actually the second time I am posting a photo of myself in a bathing suit. And I still haven't lost the weight I had last summer. LOL. OK. In reality, I gained even more but I lost that and I'm back to about were I was during chemo. My arm looks funny because Rachel was slipping as she was trying to climb on the rock with me! LOL! This was taken on one of those disposable waterproof cameras at the Baths in Virgin Gorda, one of the highlights and lowlights of the trip. Mostly a highlight. I would love to get a waterproof digital or a smaller digital with a waterproof case for something like this in the future. All our cave shots came out very poorly because there was no flash. Guess I'll just have to go back! Anyway, the caves were amazing. The water was gorgeous and calm. The snorkling was incredible.... until my little incident occured. Nothing like getting your brain tossed right back into Cancerville when you are mentally at the furthest point away from that. Just a silly little thing, she says NOW. While snorkling in the crystal blue waters, I lost a toenail. No trauma. Didn't hit anything. It just simply lifted off. Not completely. It was hanging by a thread so I put a bandaid on and kept the nail on until we got home. Didn't seem silly at the time. I admit I was traumatized, but I got over it quickly because there was so much more I wanted to see at the Baths.
That seems to be all blogger will let me load for now.
So, it's back to reality tomorrow.
Rachel has middle school orientation. I am back to work. I have about 6 more weeks of this crazy schedule and then things return to the quiet normal. A happy medium would be nice and is something I am slowly working on achieving. Tomorrow will be Howie's first day working from home. He'll be doing that twice a week while I'm working both days and nights.

No comments: