Sunday, August 19, 2007

Running on Overdrive!

That's my life right now.

And that's a good thing... I hope!

As of this week, I am back to full time work for the first time in several years. I'm working 12 hour days actually during the day. :o For those that are not aware, normally I cover 12-24 hour shifts as an in-house doc on nights and weekends. For the next several weeks, I'll still be doing that but I will also be doing several shifts during the day where I cover both the hospital and run an ob/gyn clinic that happens to be located across the parking lot from the hospital. So far, I have to admit that I love it, but it is exhausting! I can see that I was burned out before. I don't know that I'd want to work this many hours ALL the time, but the money will be nice. I worked 72 hours this past week and the full time job only started on Wednesday! This will help make up for a bit over 6 months total of no paycheck between the time I ended up taking off for chemo and all the various surgeries I've had in the last 15 months. And, I am hoping that maybe it will lead to slightly more work in the future.

Fortunately, just after I get the hang of things, I will get a break. We are going on a previously scheduled cruise vacation. :) So, the few moments I've had away from work have been filled with shopping for clothes to wear (mostly for me since nothing fits right) and packing. Oh yes.. and sleeping. Not enough sleeping. I almost feel like I am in residency again. Long days with lots of action. I imagine September 2007 will be like September 2006 in one way.. it will last forever and pass by in blur.

Anyway... if I am a little quiet over the next week and the weeks to follow that, you'll know why!

No comments: