Thursday, September 06, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

Kind of a mixed up day.



So happy to have another birthday! Seriously. Nothing like having had a potentially fatal disease to make you appreciate aging. :)



It's also a day when I miss the call my mom would have made to me, usually sometime around 5:16 pm, my birth time. :)


Took Rachel to school this morning, something that was a little anti-climatic. We did our traditional first day photos at home and at school (one at each place) but no other pictures. I guess she is too old for all that. It also doesn't help that yesterday was orientation and I wasn't there for that. First school event I have missed in several years.


I know I've posted both of these before, but I wanted to share the contrast. What a difference a year makes, huh?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a wonderful birthday.

Jacqniel said...

Happy Birthday! You look beautiful. I love the curly hair!
Jacque

Jacqniel said...

Happy Birthday! You look beautiful - I love the curly hair!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MELISSA. Totally loving your new do!!! Glad you get the day off.

Margie Higuchi said...

AH! Missed your birthday...hope it was a great day :0)

danahollis said...

Oh... Happy Birthday! Mine was the 9th... it's all making sense now, fellow Virgo! ;)

Hugs!
Dana