Sunday, September 23, 2007

The Race for the Cure

Just 24 hrs before the deadline, I finally decided to not just attend but to register my own team for the NJ Race for the Cure on Oct 14 at Six Flags Great Adventure.

Here's the team website, Breasts are for Babies. You can either click on the "join Melissa's team" button and join us as a runner or walker (I'll be doing the latter as I'll be coming off a 24 hr shift) or even as a sleeper (you'll get a pillow case instead of a T-shirt). Or you can click on the "support Melissa" button and make a donation. Rachel is registered for the Fun Run (for 10 and under).

I'm not big on fundraising, so this is about the extent of my plea. :)

3 comments:

Andrea Amu said...

Good for you, Melissa! Best of luck!

Anonymous said...

Are you the Melissa Ackerman from Belevue, NE?

Melissa said...

(in response to Shawn)

No.. I'm not in Nebraska.