Friday, October 13, 2006

Picture Day!

Here we go..

This is on Sept 6, my birthday. It also is about 5 weeks after my last chemotherapy session. My head is about as bald as I ever got. You can make out my eyebrows if you look closely. I did lose a little more in the next week until they suddenly started to make a comeback. My bottom lashes are completely absent and there are a few upper lashes left.




This one was taken about 2 weeks later. Not a great shot but it does show the changes. Amazing how fast they grew back!!

These two are from Sept 28, when Patria and I went to the Martha Stewart show. The first pic is from waiting on line. The second was taken in the waiting room, after I had been convinced to remove my wig. I actually have drains in place, hidden under that pink shirt. I had not yet had any fills, just what the 400 cc he put in the expanders at the time of surgery. You can see that 400 ccs in expanders behind the pecs is really nothing on me! You can also see the newly waxed eyebrows and the brand new black peach fuzz! My upper and lower lashes are all back in these shots. They are just VERY short. LOL! Oh, and every audience member really did get a pink Kitchen Aid mixer! We were just given cards so they can mail them to our homes. Imagine carting those boxes around the city (we did park right across the street from the studio). Talk about lymphedema concerns! LOL

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How cool to go on the Martha Stewart Show! And a pink mixer?? I'm so jealous! =0)