Monday, October 09, 2006

Another ton of bricks!

I asked for it and I got it.

I had another fill today. This time, they added 120 cc (about 4 ounces) to each expander. I am now not just fully expanded on each side, but a little over expanded. I get one more fill in about two weeks.

Here's the concept behind over-filling. My expanders are located behind my pectoral muscles. These muscles need to be stretched to easily fit my future silicone "gummy bear" implants. If the muscles are stretched more than needed, it is much easier to place the new implants (less pain later for me too) and they can even create a touch (and I mean a small touch) of a natural droop. Not a big 40 yr old droop. More like a 21 yr old version. Just so they don't look totally fake under clothing.

All this expansion makes my chest feel like I'm carrying a ton of bricks. Each expansion drives the muscles nuts and everything tightens up. I've read others compare it to wearing an iron bra. That's pretty accurate. It's like a tight iron bra. I keep wanting to take my bra off.... BUT I DON'T WEAR ONE ANYMORE!!!!!!! Is that just not the funniest thing in the world... Me? Not wearing a bra??? I'm the kind of person who had to wear a bra to bed while pregnant and probably should have worn one to bed even when I wasn't. My bras cost over $50 a piece. Every penny was well spent bc they worked. The oddest thing is that I still have a drawer full of them and there are a few hanging on the line in the basement. I can't get myself to get rid of them yet.

Don't worry about me too much. A little Valium does wonders to relax the muscles. I do admit that I probably needed two tablets tonight, but I'm still fearful of these sorts of drugs!

So, why did I ask for another fill when I could have waited a few more days? My dad is getting married THIS SUNDAY! Miss Former 38DD has not a thing to wear. My old clothing just doesn't hang correctly. So, I had another fill today so that I would be comfortable enough to fit in a shopping spree. I have a lunch and shopping date with Dad's fiance on Wednesday. We will find something for me to wear. No choice. Now, if only I could find the strappy ballroom dancing shoes I bought last fall. Definitely the most comfortable heels on the entire planet and they are missing. :(

No comments: