Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Tons of News

So much going on right now. I'm going to stick mainly to the facts. The rest is a little more than I can handle at the moment.

I am almost over this "cold." The antibiotic I started last week has made a great difference. Unfortunately, it's not without a price. I woke up with an incredible sore throat on Tuesday morning around 1:30am, despite having taken a sleeping pill. Another case of "NO FAIR!" Stopped by the oncology office to confirm what I had thought. Another case of thrush. This time it's not just my mouth but it goes right down my throat too. Soup was the only thing that appealed last night. Yes, in the 100+ degree weather.

I slept til after 5 am this morning!!! This is the first "full" night of sleep I've had in days, even with taking the sleeping pill at night. Halleluyah!

I'm avoiding all the serious stuff. I'm avoiding that my house is a mess. The clutter is beyond my normal messy standards. My floors need to be swept and washed and I cannot remember the last time that happened. There's not a presentable room in the entire house. I am keeping up the basics- eating, sleeping, getting Rachel were she needs to be. That's it for now. I hope it will be better in another week. Not expecting miracles. Just baby steps.

The most serious stuff yet.
My surgeries will most likely be on September 12. All of them. Ovaries, tubes, both mastectomies and at least the initial reconstruction. Probably a good 6 hours of OR time. 2 days in the hospital. I've decided on silicone implants. Probably won't end up quite as small as I had hoped, but I've been told I'll probably end up about 1/3 the size I am now... so that can't be too bad. The plastic surgeon promised I'll be able to buy bras in every color of the rainbow in a regular everday store like VS. And, even better, once it's all done, I won't have to wear a bra unless I want to. I'm keeping my eye on that prize bc it's easier than thinking about the rest of it!

3 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Hugs to you, my friend!! I'm glad you got some sleep...can't do well without that beauty sleep! Thoughts & Prayers out to ya!! MargieH in Chicago

Scrapbook Lover's Dream said...

Aaaaaahhhhh, sleep. Such a good thing. And smaller 'girls'......going to be a great thing! Glad to hear that most of it will be done all at one time.

Anonymous said...

The part about not wearing a bra was what sold me, too! All my friends claim they are jealous (but I seriously doubt they'd want to go through what I did to get these!).
Keep looking at all the positives, focusing on the important things, and believing that the best is yet to come!