Wednesday, August 09, 2006

False Alarm?

After those few eyebrow hairs left the building, it stopped. I haven't lost another one. And trust me, I keep checking! Enough that Rachel has said numerous times "MOM! Your eyebrows are fine. Leave them alone." LOL! Can you hear the tone in her voice? Wonder where she gets that from?

So, off I went this morning. I dropped my prima ballerina off at dance for the day. As an aside, it's pretty funny. I drop off a prima ballerina in the morning and I pick up a break dancer in the afternoon. She has 3 hrs of ballet in the morning (not all straight dancing- they get dance history, vocabulary and some health lessons as well). In the afternoon, she has jazz, musical theater and vocal, tap and hip-hop. They've been learning different styles so she came home from week one "popping" and now she's breaking- spinning on her head and everything!

After I dropped the ballerina off, I headed to DMV for the dreaded picture license. They insisted on changing my hyphenated name, something they refused to do in the past. I don't use a hyphenated name but it ended up that way 13+ yrs ago at DMV. They used my passport as my primary ID so now everything matches... just the way I wanted it 13 yrs ago. The picture itself is OK. I look at it and I see clearly that it's me in a wig. I'll probably always see it that way. No big deal. How often do you actually look at your license? The picture is half way decent otherwise. And it's done. I now have a cool, hard to duplicate NJ license. This is in contrast to my paper, easy to copy, no picture version that I've carried forever.

No comments: