Friday, August 11, 2006

The best thing about today

I don't have chemo today!

Today marks 2 weeks from my last infusion. I did dose dense chemotherapy so I had treatment every two weeks instead of every 3. It's too bad there is no magic wand that suddenly makes the effects go away. After today, I move into uncharted territory. I've never been 2 weeks and 1 day beyond a chemo treatment. I just noticed that 2 weeks and 1 day after the last chemo also marks 1 month before surgery. The best part of that is that in about a month, there will be nothing left to do but recover (and have hot flashes, but that's another story).

I call this photo "2 Bald Girls with Earrings."


That's not new hair on my head. That's what's left. No obvious signs of growth yet. You can see the slight patchiness of my eyebrows. I do have brow powder to fill them in if it gets worse before everything grows back. Miss Hannah fell asleep within minutes of this photo. I was doing my best to get her to smile, but she wasn't having it. LOL

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Great photo! I had hair exactly like that when I finished chemo.

Isn't being done a great feeling! It's wonderful to start feeling better and KNOW that those darned docs aren't going to yank the wind from your sails with another dose. Woo Hoo for you!

Anonymous said...

Hannah still has no obvious signs of hair growth either... Now I am not so sure who will have hair first!!