Monday, August 07, 2006

The other shoe

Remember my eyebrow obsession? Waiting for the other shoe to drop and lose those precious hairs?

Well, it's happened. It's started.

I rubbed my eyes on Saturday and found a few eyebrow hairs on my finger.

It was exactly 8 days after my last A/C treatment, for those keeping track and for those also in this journey. I've always been one of those with thick eyebrows, so there is still plenty left to lose. If you aren't looking closely, you cannot tell at all. I had my eyebrows waxed when I had my hair cut shorter this spring. I have reached the point where there are stragglers that should be plucked, but I just cannot do it. Of course, I test those and try to pull on them and they don't budge at all. It's only the ones that need to stay put that seem to fall out.

The worst part of this is that my driver's license renewal came. In NJ, we have not had to have picture licenses. They are now phasing them in. And yes, NOW it is my turn to get a picture license. I have to go into the agency with my 6 forms of ID and have my photo taken NOW at this lovely point in my life when I am, for all intents and purposes, BALD and losing my eyebrows!!!!! This will be the photo I'll have as my identity for the next several years.

HOW LUCKY CAN YOU GET? (please note that statement is dripping with sarcasm)

2 comments:

Prachi Wicks said...

Hi Mellissa... I just had to say.... that really is annoying... I mean the new NJ licenses are so nice not the crappy ones that we had in the past..... wonder if you could call them and tell them whats going on... ask them if they could use another picture or something... I mean they do want a proper representation of you and when your hair comes it that license won't be.
-Prachi

Jennifer Stewart said...

Melissa,

I've never known that some states didn't require a picture on their driver's licenses. Well, you'll have a photo to remind you of all that you've endured and how STRONG you are. :D
Hugs,
Jennifer