Wednesday, July 25, 2007

A little reminiscing...

While driving home from bringing Rachel to the theatre for camp this morning, I was thinking about all the little things I have on my agenda for today. I need to pick up some more small gauze pads, I want to get some blueberries, and I need to get a few things together for a scrap booking session this morning. Then, it hit me what life was like this time last summer. It's that telescope of time thing again. It feels both like it was so long ago that maybe it never happened at all and it feels like it was yesterday. At this point last summer, I was getting geared up for my last chemo session and was pretty darn sick with some kind of upper respiratory thing I could not shake. Driving Rachel to and from camp was about all I could handle most days. Walking to the other end of the house was something I waited to do because it seemed so very far away!

I mostly like the feeling that this all was so far away and so long ago. :) I have a different body, different hair and a different mindset.

That's all. It's almost time for another picture. I think a photo a year after finishing chemo would be a good thing. Something to put on the schedule for next week. :)

1 comment:

danahollis said...

Woohoo... one year later. Can't wait to see! You go, girl! Or... you Grow, girl... or something! ;)

HUGS!!!
Dana