Thursday, July 05, 2007

July 5, a year later

Last year, just minutes after my second chemotherapy session, we packed up the RV and headed for the beach for a July 4 week vacation. Somewhere, in the archives, I have a picture from July 5 2006 (it's in my blog entry from July 10 or 11, 2006). It was the day after the massive loss began. I was starting to look a little mangy at that point. It would take a few more days of massive hair loss to get that bald look going. I had it by the time we got home on July 10th.

So, now a year later, I thought I thought it was time to share the current state of my hair. It is so very curly that it is hard to appreciate the true length. I only get to appreciate that when it is totally soaking wet, and even then it doesn't lay perfectly flat. If it were like my old hair, I would need to get the bangs cut. And, as I've said before, if I brush it, it's much larger. Huge in fact. I'm having a relatively flat hair day today. I used lots and lots of product today because it was so humid. If I didn't... well lets just say I could give early 1970's Micheal Jackson a run for his money!





And, here's the real reason I broke out the camera today. Rachel came home with a pair of rhinestoned pink sunglasses, courtesy of a friend who made a trip to a costume shop today. She wanted her picture taken. :) Not only did she want her picture taken (and I was happy to indulge) but she specified that I must scrap it with pink polka dot paper. :P Only a scrapper's kid!

I actually made Rachel's skirt from scratch yesterday. Made one for her American Girl doll too. She's decided to wear it tomorrow for "dress like your favorite 50's and 60's rock star" day. Originally, she tried to recruit other girls to join her as the Supremes or Dreamettes (from DreamGirls), but everyone wants to wear their poodle skirts tomorrow. They've decided to be another never actually existed group, The Pink Poodles. LOL!



A funny aside.. Rachel loves the glasses but hated the close up shots I took. She says the glasses make her nose look big. Uhoh. We are definitely on the cusp of those teen years!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both pictures are great.

I love, love, love your hair.

And, Rachel looks adorable.

Thanks for sharing.

Margie Higuchi said...

Look at all your curls! Great picture! LOVE the poodle skirt...if only I can sew materials instead of papers....SIGN! LOL!! TFS!

Dawn Stan said...

You look fantastic. My hair has come back curly too. I only have three months of hair and it really has a mind of it's own.

Love that skirt. Well done. Wish I could sew like that.