Monday, July 02, 2007

American Girl, Broadway Shows, Words and Surgery.

July is finally here and camp has started for Rachel. This means that my overcompensation for not being able to do much running around last summer is now drawing to a quiet close! In the last few weeks, we've had several trips to the mall, seen a few movies, had playdates and sleepovers (that should read tried to have sleepovers! LOL), been to the American Girl Place in NYC twice, and seen two Broadway shows. The pics below are in reverse order. Rachel and I had fantabulous seats to see Hairspray earlier this month. She likes this photo because you can see the can of hairspray above the marquis. Our most recent trip into NYC was on Wednesday. The grandparents, my still newlywed Dad and his bride, treated us to a lunch and a show (The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee which is a riot!) I honestly did not intend on a second visit to the AGP, but Rachel certainly did. She brought her doll with her and hoped for the best and she got it! LOL. Both Dad and Arlene bought her new outfits for her dolls. Have no fear. I'm not getting off that easy. I bought the apron set during a visit earlier this month and I'm sure we will be acquiring the new dance outfits that just came out sometime in the future.




Since it is finally quiet here, I decided to spend the morning putting up my new favorite home decor item. I don't think this fad has really hit the east yet, but it seems to be big in the midwest at least. I bought a few sets of words from Uppercase Living.
They are so much fun! They are actually made out vinyl. They go onto the wall a bit like rub-ons. This first one is in Rachel's room (and yes, that is a laminated Paperkin on her mirror. She used to play with them). The next two, obviously, are in the kitchen. I've wanted to something with that expanse of white tile for such a long time. This seemed like the answer. Once I figure out what I want to say and how big I want it to be, I am thinking I will be ordering more. Definitely something for over the bed in the scraproom/guestroom, something for the living room entryway area, my bedroom, the family room... I could go on and on. They come in all sorts of sizes. You can pick pre-made phrases like I did or design your own. Tons of options. They are pretty easy to get on, even on the tile (that was slightly more challenging at first) and they are fully and easily removable. I never have home parties of any sort, not even scrap-related, but I am thinking about doing one for this. Or maybe just a catalog party as my rep, Miley, is in Nebraska!! LOL. If anyone wants to browse the catalog, I can foward the info from Miley.







On a slightly more serious note. This is a strange anniversary week for me. This is the week I lost my hair last year. I wonder if the July 4 week will always be marked this way for me. I plan to take a picture this week to share so you can all revel in my curliness. :P I think I look like a refugee from the 1970s or 80s. When I brush my hair, I look like a refugee from the late 60's! As I've said many a time, just dye it red and call me Annie. :P In this July's issue of Simple Scrapbooks, I have a scrapbook page about the whole hair release thing during our July vacation at the beach last year. You can even see me in a bathing suit if you pick up the issue. And I'm even wigless, but with that big ol' hat, you can't really tell. :)


And one more thing.. in case I start to ignore the blog again. My next surgery date is July 17.

No comments: