Friday, July 20, 2007

Hairspray

We interrupt this blog for something that has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with cancer or scrapbooking. :P


Hairspray.

The movie.

See it.


I can't remember any other movie that I came out of with my face hurting from smiling so much! The music is infectious (knew this before we went in). The dancing is fast paced and energetic. The energy just exudes from the screen. I also cannot remember a movie when I wanted to clap during the movie! It wasn't a big audience in the theatre, but everyone did clap after the movie was over.

I know the movie just opened today, but I already cannot wait for it to come out on DVD. Rachel and I went with two friends and their 10 year old girls. We were all laughing, smiling and tapping our feet. The girls were dancing in their seats... and after it was over, during the credits, dancing and singing in the aisles!

For afficionadas of the original movie with Ricki Lake as well as those familiar with the Broadway show, you'll want to stay for the credits. The play "Mama, I'm a Big Girl Now" from the Broadway show. What makes it fun is that the three Tracys sing the song- Ricki Lake who was the original star of the movie, Marissa Winokur who opened in the role on Broadway and the amazing Nikki Blonski, star of this movie.

No comments: