Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Jessica's Bas Mitzvah

It seems that I can only post 5 photos in one entry, so here's a glimpse from the party on Saturday afternoon.

The first one is the incredibly gorgeous Jessica dancing with her dad. She did a wonderful job with the service that morning. I must say that Rachel was particularly impressed with all the work and studying that went into preparing for the service. This was the first actual Bar or Bas Mitzvah that Rachel has ever attended.




Across your screen... My cousin Sally who flew in from CA for the occassion. For my breast cancer buds, she is 13 years out from diagnosis, NED, living life, and is quite happy to be a posterchild for young survivorship! :) Next are cousins Elliot and Donna, the parents of the incredibly gorgeous Jessica. And, by now, you all know me. :P I had to show this one for those of you who listened to me complain about shopping for a dress. This is certainly something I never could have worn prior to Sept 12, 2006. Looking at the photos (I only have 2 with me in them, a hazard of being behind the lens), I'm not sure I really even fill out the top of it. Such a bizarre concept when I know that before Sept 12, I couldn't have worn it at all because my top would not have fit into such a small thing!! And yes, I did take the ubiquitous sports bra off for the day.




Below is Rachel and her great-great uncle Sheldon. He's Jess' paternal granddad. He had his 90th bday not too many years ago. All the children adore him. He called me pretty much every single week throughout chemo and after surgery.

And, if you look closely, you'll see that Rachel matches the tableclothes. This was not planned! We learned about it when we arrived. LOL! Some of my scrapping friends know that it also matches some Scribble Scrabble papers. Also not planned. My dad and Arlene bought this dress for Rachel and one in blue for Arlene's granddaughter when they had a sleepover earlier this spring. Rachel fell in love with the dress (it is very Rachel) and because Rachel loved it, Brooke loved it too. :) Brooke is a little younger and likes to do whatever Rachel does. :) It's cute.






I couldn't resist showing one of these of my nephew. Yes, I said one of these. I have a few photos of Lucas looking like this. He was not too found of the volume of the music at first.





And last, but not least, is dh dancing with my niece, Hannah. You may remember her from a photo I posted this summer, Two Bald Girls with Earrings. You will note that I have significantly more hair than Hannah does now. :P Good thing she's not old enough to know I was competing with her for hair and I WON! She is still the cuter one though. :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: