Monday, June 18, 2007

A little less serious sharing :)

I've been sneaking in a little scrapping in the mornings over the last week. It's good therapy. :) This is one I did early this morning, when I came home from work. I still love these pictures. They were taken on the towpath of the canal. It's become our Halloween tradition to go out there and take pictures after school. The journaling talks a little about the dress. Originally, when Rachel decided she wanted to be a colonial girl (the American Girl Felicity, to be exact), I thought it would be a great summer project to make the dress ourselves. Then, chemo got in the way and the plans were put aside. I eventually found a talented seamstress on EBAY who does costumes for reeanactment events and our problems were solved. She made a dress for Rachel's doll too, but it did not arrive in time for Halloween.




Rachel's current dance school does not do formal portraits. Not really a problem at all, as I had stopped buying anything other than the group photos for the most part. I've been either taking them on my own or having them done. There were so many good ones to pick from this year. It was so hard to choose. These are two of my favorites. The bottom one is from her hip-hop class. Most cost efficient costume we've ever had in this house!



1 comment:

Margie Higuchi said...

Hey, Melissa! GREAT pictures! Did you say you were coming to CHA this summer? LMK your schedule...I'll be there Fri & Sat (Booth #6703/LaserLine). LOVE to finally meet face-to-face! MargieH in Chicago