Sunday, December 17, 2006

Hair Raising or Raising Hair

I wonder when my obsession with my hair will end. Will it be when it is a length I am comfortable with or is this a permanent affliction? With the new abundance of gray, it just might be a forever thing.



Who knows? I sure don't.

I would have thought I might be over it by now. But then, a little something happens. I noticed a few days ago that it was almost time to get my eyebrows waxed again. A sign of hope! Then, this morning, eyebrow hairs just start falling. Yup. You read it first here. It's been 4 and a half months since the last time chemotherapy coursed through these veins. At least this time, I know (or at least I fervently try to believe) that they will not all fall out. {fingers and toes crossed on that one!!!!}

Now, on to the hair on my head.
I've moved into the next stage. It's no longer just exceedingly short and more gray than I'd like. It's starting to do bizarre things. The back seems to be growing straight up. The top is growing into what might be loose curls eventually. The sides, however, are straight. If it continues this way, I am sure I will bear a resemblance to a french poodle in no time.
The top photo was taken on December 1. The second is from December 15.
I do believe these answer the question I am often asked, "Will you be keeping your hair short after this?" And, I think it shows why I still wear my wig more often than not when I go out!


On the other hand, two weeks does make a huge difference, as you can see above. Just hoping I won't actually look like a poodle in 2 more weeks!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If my prediction is correct, on Feb. 1 your hair will be normal. And by normal, I mean the way you want it, because it looks normal to me now, but I know it's not what you want. :-p