Thursday, November 30, 2006

CHEMO BRAIN!

OH MY GOODNESS!

Chemo brain strikes again.

I went out today in search of borscht and cheapo chafing dishes for Rachel's contribution to the Ethnic Pride luncheon tomorrow. She's doing Russia. She made a 20 page scrapbook about Russia including letters from relatives about life when they were 9 yrs old. Not Russian relatives, but relatives that may or may nor be descended from Russian immigrants. She'll be sort of dressed like a peasant. We used Fiddler on the Roof as our basis for her costume.

But I digress.

I went to a town I rarely visit anymore bc the party store there opened nice and early. Saw what looked like a brand new Target and could not resist visiting. I am normally done with most of my holiday shopping by now but I've barely started, so I went in with thoughts of finding some small items for Rachel and others we normally buy for. I have been feeling bad about not having any ideas for Rachel. She already recieved 2 American Girl dolls and dh gave her this Disney Mix something or other that plays music, movies and MPs and all sorts of things. It kept her occupied on the plane rides earlier this month. She also has very few items on her mental wish list.

Anyway, I come home and after the usual hunt for tape, I start wrapping everything. I realize that I actually have 4 gifts for Rachel. Not too bad. I go to put away some little things I picked up in the Dollar Spot at Target and lo and behold.. literally falling on my head.. It's a bag filled with little things I bought at Target during the summer. Who knew? Not me! LOL! Once I saw the bag, I remembered. I can't say the same for the two books that fell as well. I vaguely remember that I bought them. I do remember Rachel asking for them. She still asks for them and I nearly bought them again recently.

The moral of the story is that I just cannot be held responsible for anything I did, said or bought during chemo this summer. That includes the three items I bought on EBAY. Yes, the exact same item, three times from three different sellers. {Note to self: Get those up on EBAY before the holiday season is OVER!}

No comments: