Wednesday, November 01, 2006

6 months

Today is November 1.

It is my 6 month anniversary. Exactly 6 months ago today, I became a breast cancer patient. Because I know someone else who's future anniversary will be today, I pulled out my journal and realized that today marked the day my life changed forever. However, it is also the day that my tumor and some lymph nodes were removed. So, that makes today an even more important milestone because I have now been cancer free for 6 whole months.

Amazing how much can happen in such a short time. I've learned I had cancer. I thought, for a moment, that my life was going to be cut far too short. Then just when I thought it was only going to be a bump in the road, it turned into an SUV-swallowing pothole! I cut my hair so it could fall out from chemo. Then, I finished chemo only to see the rest of my hair fall out later! Followed that with what was actually 7 surgeries on one day (if you've been keeping track, I had forgotten one when I wrote the entry about that day). Now I'm in a sort of rehab phase. Taking drugs to make sure I don't make any rogue estrogen. Doing plenty of physical therapy so I can return to normal-ish function and get back to work and bring home some $$ again!

Feels much more like 6 years.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! Congrats on being cancer free for 6 months!!

Just think in 6 more months, your hair will be all back, you'll be a nice "C" cup and your pain will be gone.

I am so proud to consider you my friend. I continue to be amazed by you.