Thursday, November 09, 2006

If it's not one thing....

then it really is another.

Just when I thought my schedule of doctors visits was dying down, it picked up steam all over again. This week, I added an allergist and an orthopedist to my collection.

The good news is that it is slowing down again. The good news is also that I am NOT allergic to the flu shot, at least not the one I got today as opposed to the one I reacted to 15 yrs ago. The good news is also that there are no tumors or anything horrible in my arm/hand. I also learned that sometime in the past, probably the distant past, I broke my right arm. Who knew? Not me!

The bad news is that I have carpal tunnel syndrome and will be cutting wayyy back on computer time. That is a good thing too. I've spend far too much time on this chair staring at this screen in recent months. I spent more time than I should have before that as well. I'll still be around to answer personal emails, etc, but won't spend as much time checking and re-checking my favorite sites. That's a good thing too because some of them are cancer sites which can install a sense of fear that's not healthy to live with on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had carpal tunnel in both wrists due to extensive computer use - I bought the wrist braces and wore them as much as possible, but at least overnight and it was gone in 2 months! Good luck!

danahollis said...

Hey Chick!

Oh no... carpal tunnel... no good. I think I'm on my way there, too. :(

However.... staying off those sites is a GREAT idea! Keep it up!

Let's chat soon!

Hugs,
Dana