Friday, November 03, 2006

Another tale from the "CANCER CHRONICLES"

In the back of my journal, I have this little list of strange and sometimes very humorous things that have happened along the way. It includes events such as "The Tale of the Deep Blue Pee," "The Episode where Melissa shakes OFF her hair on the beach" and "Rachel performs 'Life as a Cancer Cell in Mommy's Body when Chemo Comes'." All true events.

Today, I added another to the list.

I was up late last night because dh came home late. I often have trouble asleeping until I know he is home. Probably a 9/11 hold over. He gets up very early and wakes me before he leaves, so I didn't get my share of sleep last night. As he wakes me, in the early morning fog, I reach down to remove whatever it was that sitting on my chest. OOPS! That doesn't come OFF! It was my expander/pseudo-breast. It's attached to me. I cannot explain how bizarre that was. Just trust me on this one. Don't try it at home.

I suppose this one will become known as "The Morning Melissa Attempted to Remove her own Breast." I have to think about this one some more...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Melissa!!! I hope you didn't pull too hard! :)

Anonymous said...

Haha! LOL! That's funny!

Be careful with those things! ;)

Hugs,
Dana

Anonymous said...

ROFL!!!! You should write a book about those...

Or make a scrapbook ;o)

Dawn said...

I can totally relate!!!

I have "The morning I looked for nipples..." It was so COLD in the house and I walked by a huge mirror. Glanced over, and I was actually shocked there were no nipples standing at attention.

Sometimes I just forget...