Thursday, January 31, 2008

A joyful dance!

Today was joyful on more than one level.

On of our last combinations in ballet today was to "We're Off to see the Wizard" from, you got it, the ever popular "Wizard of Oz." It certainly did get us to skip our jetes. So much fun! I can't even begin to explain.

Then, I was off to see my own personal wizard, my plastic surgeon who has certainly done a wonderful job of creating something from nothing for me on many occassions. My tattoos were deemed gorgeous and lifelike. Even better, I was semi-discharged. My next appointment, unless something comes up in the meantime (more on that in a sec) is 2 years. 2010!!! Will I even remember to schedule an appointment? I only have to see him every two years.

Well, that's every two years providing I don't need revisions of any sort. We went with a lighter, pinker than average color for my tats. So, it's more likely to fade and need touch ups. Right now, that would be OK with me. There are actually a few shirts I have to wear a bra with now because you can see through them a little. Oh well. :P

Then, there's the revisions bit. As much as I hate to say it, as it stands now, I really could use a little more surgery. There's a little bit of extra tissue/skin on the sides that just doesn't go with my new girls. It did work with the old ones, but they tried to kill me, so I don't care for any reminders. This revision surgery is not going to happen, if at all, until I lose the weight. I know, I know. Some friends will say I'm just fine the way I am... and I thank you for that... you are good friends. :) I may even decide once the weight it off that I still don't want the surgery. If it's going to involve liposuction, I might just pass on the whole thing. Lipo is no fun to recover from. We'll see when the time comes. I've got 22 lbs to go.

That's right. I succeeded in my first month's goal. More joy! 2 lbs down. Hoping to pick up the pace a little in February as I'm hoping to kick my metabolism into gear with all this exercise I've been doing lately.

Onto February!
ETA:
Almost forgot.
I have another scrapbook page to share.
This is from Scribble Scrabble's Felicity line. This line actually has some pretty flowered paper. For some reason, I just keep using the louder stars and circles.
That big felt star and the little felt star are from the "Tis the Season" felt shapes from FancyPants. It's a Christmas themed product, but I keep finding other uses for almost everything in it. Can't wait to get the rest of the Nutcracker images so I can do a few more pages with the more Christmasy elements.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

good luck with the weight loss - it is tough, i know. i still giggle when you mention the "tats", sounds so crazy biker chick to have tats on your girls...hee, hee

Unknown said...

I love the layout!Good luck with the weight loss, I would love to motivate you, but I want to scrap with you and some goodies!! I am a bad, bad influence! Let's definately pick a day to scrap!!
Stacey