Thursday, January 24, 2008

It's that time of year again.....




For my non-scrapbooking readers, which may very well be the majority as I'm not really sure who if anyone aside from a few friends reads my blog anymore, we are in the final days leading up to CHA. CHA is the Craft and Hobby Association's twice a year trade show. What does that have to do with a part-time physician, full time mom, and returning adult ballet student? LOL. My other hobby is designing scrapbook pages and various paper crafts and I d0 this for two manufacturers. I won't actually be attending the show in Anaheim (wish I was!) but some of my work will be there.
So.. that means I've actually been creating a little again. :) Some of which I can actually share. Others are for the trade show or publications and need to wait a little longer.


This one is Rachel and her friend, Elise. They are convinced they are best friends for life. They actually only see each other twice a week at ballet as Elise is taking classes in another level. On the off days, they stay in touch just like tweens and teens everywhere with IM and emails. The papers and die cuts are all from Scribble Scrabble's new Felicity line.




This is my niece, Hannah, photographed in Rachel's arms, when Miss Hannah was just a few hours old. I love these papers from Scribble Scrabble's new Circus Baby collection. I've been scrapping non-baby layouts with them too.




I have to give a plug for this book which is now available on Amazon. I was honored to be a contributor. It is an amazing collection of art journals and the stories behind them. It's also filled with journalling worksheets and prompts. Definitely the most meaningful thing I've been involved with in the papercrafting world. I admit that I initially had mixed feelings about sharing something like my cancer art journal with the world as there are some pretty raw feelings expressed in those pages. When Rachel saw my pages in the book, she was surprised because it was a project she had never seen. She's my usual audience and number one critic. But she didn't get to see this, just like she doesn't get to read my journal. She does read my blog whenever she can (hi Rach) though. :) I am so glad I participated in this book and I am honored to be included with the other strong and creative women featured in it's pages.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since you were wondering who reads your blog, I just wanted to chime in and say I DO! All the way from sunny (ha - it's been 55 and raining for days on end) Southern California. Glad to keep up with what's going on in your life, through your blog. Next time you're at SMIT, please give them my love.

Anonymous said...

Hi Melissa,
I know you're wondering who's reading your blog and wanted to let you know that I am.

I started reading it last year.

Even though, I'm far from NJ, I still like to keep up with all my scrapping buddies.

Say hi to Beth from me!

danahollis said...

Hi ballet girl! :)

I'll get back to you on those purse instructions... :)

Hugs,
Dana