Thursday, August 14, 2008

A little scrappiness :)

I've been scrapping again. :)


I am very lucky to receive these wonderful packages from Scribble Scrabble every time they have a new release. :) I am going to be using so much from these new lines. Each one has at least one or two notebook style papers in various colors. I know I'll be using them constantly in Rachel's school album. I suppose it is a good thing I am a few years behind. Now, I have just the right paper.


Aside from the layout I did with the Sweet N Sour line on Scribble Scrabble's blog , I also finished two with the Suzy Snowflake collection and Autumn Afternoon. Not too hard to figure out which is which! These lines come not just with the double sided cardstock weight patterned papers, but with a tear strip which is in a coordinating pattern. Plus, there is a sheet of die cuts, a sheet of borders, and a package of chipboard stickers, some of which are flocked. Flocking is a hip thing in the scrapbook world lately, in case you are wondering. :)



This little peanut is my 2 yo niece. She was pretty impressed that we can actually walk outside and pick apples right off a tree. Too cute. She is my sister's daughter. Which brings me to a little update on my sister- she will start chemotherapy next week. She'll do 8 rounds, 2 weeks apart, then she'll get a bit of a break and will have surgeries, very similar to what I did. I've passed on the last of my hats and my last wig. I was never able to part with that one, for whatever reason. Until now. I also sent little Hannah home with some wigs of her own. I had bought some Disney princess wigs long ago. Rachel got good use out of them and we gave several to friends as birthday gifts. I had two saved all this time, so now they are Hannah's. Hannah is still working hard at growing hair, as you can see. I definitely surpassed her and I suspect her mom will too, eventually!

2 comments:

Mimi said...

Both of these are lovely!

Andrea Amu said...

Melissa, I want to wish your sister the best of luck as she begins her chemo treatments! I pray everything will work in her favor in the coming weeks.

These new Scribble Scrabble lines are way cool! I love their notebook paper too... great pages, girl!