Tuesday, August 12, 2008

I am in shock

I just got back my oncology visit.

I had blood work done (no results yet) and got weighed. It's the only office where I get weighed on a semi-regular basis.

I've had a good number people ask me how much weight I've lost recently. On my scale, the numbers don't seem to move. I feel like I never make any progress. I keep losing the same 5 lbs over and over again. I know that my clothes fit better (I've dropped at least one full size and my bra band size has changed) and I know I've lost inches.. 1.5 to 2 inches off pretty much every measurement one can take. But, my scale STILL does not move much.

Well, I have to say I like the scale at the oncology office MUCH better. I like their record keeping even better than the scale.

According to their records, as of today, I am officially ELEVEN pounds lighter than I was this time last year!!

I had set a goal to lose 2 lbs a month and felt like I was getting nowhere with that. Apparently, my goal was a bit too much and 1 lb a month is something I can and DID achieve!!

Doing a little happy dance... and now I am even more motivated to get back to my regular ballet classes. :) It IS working, just in sllllllooooooooowwwwwwwww motion.

3 comments:

Sue said...

Congrats Melissa.
I laughed at your post about baby naming -- my new grand baby was named Tessa, although Melissa is a nice name it rhymed with our last name.
How is your sister? I know you probably can't answer here for privacy reasons, but could you tell her we are thinking of her.
Have a great week.

Andrea Amu said...

Whoooo-Hoooo! That's fantastic, Melissa! Wish some lbs. would drop off of me!

Unknown said...

congrats! been thinking about you and your sister - sending love and positive thoughts...