Thursday, July 24, 2008

Tales from the Cancer Chronicles

The latest installment.

Bet you thought this little collection of short stories was over, huh?

No such luck.

It's a short one and not all that funny.

It's been quite some time since I've had anything new to add to this volume. It's unusual that anything catches me by surprise these days. You might want to sit down for this part- I actually sometimes go entire days without thinking about it or the effect it has had on my life. OK. So maybe that has changed now that I have my sister on my coattails in this journey.

It was so simple. It happened so quickly I did not notice.

I was cooking today. Uhoh. Should have warned you to sit down first. I hope Howie is not reading this. He might pass out from the shock. Then again, he'd say baking chicken in the oven is not cooking. Anyway, moments after removing said chicken from the oven this afternoon, I notice a moderate sized stain on my shirt. Right at the breast level. Well.. it would be at the breast level if I had actual breasts.. so let's say foob level.. OK? My guess is that anyone with an intact peripheral nerve system or maybe even anyone with actual breasts and not foobs would have noticed if they hit a HOT, FRESH FROM THE OVEN pan of chicken with their chest. Nope. Not me.

Perhaps this is an advantage of having foobs that I had not considered before. If only they were larger, I might be able to use them as oven mitts. Aggh. Just kidding. Lousy cancer humor.

1 comment:

Lorri said...

Hey Melissa...I'm so happy to read your post on my blog...foobs! Love it! Please email me so we can share stories! I'm at steerfamiy@q.com. Looking forward to getting to know you better. To read my cancer details, check my blog post on October 29th, 2007. Glad to have another friend with fake boobs...Lorri :)