Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ladybug, Ladybug, Fly Away Home


This is Rachel (center) and two of her fellow ladybugs from "The Secret Garden." Alas, the garden is no more. I wish I had more pictures to share, but my camera was not all that cooperative during the dress rehearsal. Even the mom shooting next to me with the digi SLR and big fast lens was having difficulty with the various lighting changes throughout. Oh well.. I will still be depending on her photos. Between those issues and the fact that I only had one chance because I was working back stage the rest of the time, plus the lovely mint green walls in the reception area, I admit I am a bit disappointed photo-wise. As long as I have a few in the end, I'll be happy. Less photos means I don't have to spend much time picking which ones will actually make it into the scrapbook. :)

We still have the spring performance (aka dance recital) left to go this weekend. The girls will be a sea of white. The entire junior division, from the pre-ballet students to the pre-pointe students will be in white leotards with white romantic tutus. Each level will have their own color sash, I've been told. Should make for some pretty photos... I hope!

On other fronts, I am healing once again. Self-inflicted this go round. I tore a muscle in my calf last week. Ended up with a quick visit to my pals in the ER and a set of crutches. My usual impatience with these things has reared its ugly head. Plus I am just plain no good with crutches. I had a flashback to highschool when I injured my knee in a soccer game. I was sent to school on crutches and called my mom in tears third period because it was just too much.

I have been off crutches since Saturday. I couldn't see walking around New Hope on crutches, so I left them at home. :0 We just walked slllooowwwlllly and leisurely. Otherwise, I really have been resting it as much as I can and I really can walk just fine now. The limp is only noticable if I have to walk quickly. Really. Honestly, I don't have pain now, but the calf still feels tight. I am going to give it one more week before I get back to my normal exercise routine (you know... walking, ballet, Pilates, ballet, ballet, and walking some more). I am still a control freak. With the inability to exercise this week, I've started keeping detailed food diaries again, hoping I can somehow manage to not gain weight this week and maybe, just maybe, I can figure out something helpful to actually LOSE these last 20 lbs.

No comments: