Thursday, October 11, 2007

Here's to Friday!

Tomorrow is my last official day. :) Starting Saturday morning, I go back to my normal world of just working nights and weekends instead of working days, nights and weekends, all 12-24 hr shifts.


Tomorrow is also the day Rachel comes home! My "baby" has been away at The Farm School in MA for the last week, slopping the pigs, feeding the cows and chickens, clearing brush, cooking, cleaning and whatever else needs to be done on a real working farm. This is not the first time she's been away from home (Space Camp in August 2006), but it's the first time she's been away this long without any phone contact at all. We're lucky that the school has posted daily updates, including a few photos. I pulled the last two off the site. :) At least I know she looks good and has taken to wearing her hair in pigtails! LOL. Can you spot her in the second photo? Yes, she has coordinating hot pink boots to match her hot pink headband. Those boots are a whole other story. We'd been shopping for muck boots and finally found a pair at Walmart. Silly me, I didn't know to look for Wellies. Never heard of them before. They sure are cute, but I didn't discover them until I had already bought the so called "ugly black boots for BOYS" (can you hear her saying that? LOL). I told her she was just going to have to live. I even offered to paint them. Then, she wore them to school for a day (teacher's suggestion) and ended up with blisters. Yikes. It was too late to order something on-line, but we learned that Nordstroms carried cuter boots. Sadly, they were not in her size. The clerk did find Croc boots in her size though. He came out and apologized that they only had hot pink in her size. Rachel's response was "YES!" So, she is now the proud owner of the much more comfortable hot pink Croc boots.








And, now my final plug for the NJ Race for the Cure. THANK YOU so much to all that have supported our little team, Breasts are for Babies. We far surpassed our meager goals due to your help! Can't wait to see those of you who will be joining us there too!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Ahh! Looks like she had fun. she looks just like you!

Andrea Amu said...

Those are some stylin' boots! Very glam for the trees and shrubs! Lol!