Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!


We started celebrating a little early this year. This picture is from the 5th grade dance I chaperoned on Friday night. It seems to be the only photo I have with me in it out of the 200 I took that night. Thanks to Patria for grabbing my camera and getting it done!

No, no pink wig for me this year. :P It wouldn't fit on my head once I had more than a 1/2 inch or so of hair. It was actually a kids costume wig I found at Target. What's funny is that in my right hand in the photo is a witch's hat trimmed with a purple boa. All us chaperones were going to wear one. I couldn't fit mine on my head thanks to my hair.

I should mention that I actually have gotten a hair cut. I went to someone who only cuts curly hair. He totally thinned it out so no more Afro for me. It's probably a little flatter than usual in the picture because I had tried several times to wear that hat! LOL

And the super observant might notice that Rachel is wearing the Warrior in Pink scarf from last year. It was a gift from one of my chemo angels last fall. I sometimes cannot believe it was only last year.

Miss Rachel is considering wearing a different costume for Trick or Treat tonight. So many other years, she's worn something different to whatever events occurred before Halloween, saving her "real costume" for the actual day. Now, she a big Middle Schooler and there are no costume events on the actual day for them. She's undecided between being a dancer from A Chorus Line or Minnie Mouse. I vote for Minnie Mouse. She looks like a dancer several days a week already! That's not a costume! LOL
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Monika said...

Much more beautiful and strong than the typical Disney Snow White. Oh, and Rachel looks so grown up! Looks like you had fun.

Anonymous said...

Very nice Halloween costumes, ladies! And I'm looking forward to my new Country Living subscription.
Beth Morris (YSC)