Friday, August 10, 2007

It's Showtime!







We're getting ready for Rachel's final theatre camp performance today... which means I should actually print out the photos from the yesterday and the last show, 3 weeks ago! While I'm in the process of doing that and charging the battery, I thought I'd share a few from the last production, "Kids Rock," a history of music from the 50's to the early 60's. It was pretty much all done in the form of songs from Broadway shows. From the top, Rachel and Jack dancing the jitterbug, Rachel in "Surfin USA" (second from the right), and Rachel in a scene from "Bye Bye Birdie." Blogger won't let me share much else today. Not very cooperative! :(

I'll try to sneak in just one more.. Rachel and her friend, Joey, in the finale from this weekend's show, "Rock on Broadway."



I was lucky to get decent seats at the final dress rehearsal both times. If I sit close enough and the lighting is not too bizarre, I get pretty decent shots by pushing the ISO to 400 and shooting in P mode with the shutter speed up most of the time. I still get unusuable shots, but I'm starting to find that I'm now getting more usable ones than not. :) I have a pretty good idea of what I'd need to do even better but I don't actually have a DSLR. I do have PSE 5.0 on order (finally) so I'm hoping that learning to play with actions and the like will help even more!

3 comments:

Margie Higuchi said...

Hey cool pictures!!
Looks like the show was a hit...love all the costumes & facial expression!! TFS!

danahollis said...

Cute photos... bet she had a great time! What fun. :)

Hugs,
Dana

danahollis said...

On the info sheet I read about Breast MRI's... it said they are also useful to "screen for cancer in women who have implants or scar tissue that might jeopardize an accurate result from a mammogram."

So... maybe still ask about it. ;)

Oh yes... I am so into the trying to simplify and organize my life. It's almost my new hobby... LOL. :)

Hugs,
Dana