Monday, May 07, 2007

The Martha Show, 7 months later

I'm going back for another taping of The Martha Stewart Show tomorrow. :)





You may recall this photo, from my little excursion at the end of September for the taping of a show dedicated to breast cancer survivors.




What a difference a few months make. My hair had just sprouted and now I have a full head of curls. I could even use a haircut now, but that's just not going to happen for quite sometime. I still had 2 drains in from my bilateral (ie double) mastectomy. I can see the wrinkles on the shirt from where I had them pinned. Now those scars are well healed and those drains, that I still had 2 weeks later, are long gone. I even have breasts now. :) Back then, I was living in Cancer-ville every minute. Every thing I did, every move I made, was affected by breast cancer some how. Little things, like I had trouble opening a bottle of water for myself. When I went to scrapbook for the first time, about 3 weeks later, I had trouble using a tape runner. Cancer was everywhere in my life. Now, it's a past tense thing.

This time, Patria will be accompanying me once more. So will my sister and a group of 7 other friends. The show is about scrapbooking, at least a segment or two of it will be. I cannot wait to have pictures from the show with hair and boobs. LOL! :P

1 comment:

Sarah Kristiansen said...

How wonderful....and what a difference indeed!!! I am participating in the Avon Breast Cancer 2-day walk in Boston this weekend...I will be thinking about your SURVIVING self while I am there! Congrats!! And twice on martha....I am so jealous!

-Sarah (2ps nannysarah3)