Saturday, March 24, 2007

photo update

My beloved 4 gig card is enroute across the continent to my friend, Sue, in Canada. She's been able to retrieve images from cards that have been reformatted before, so maybe there's a chance she can find something on mine. {fingers crossed} Not holding out too much hope because I already started taking pictures on it, but if I could get back anything... like a single Disney pic of dd and I together on our "4 parks, 1 day" adventure or a decent picture from her birthday party, I would be exceedingly happy!

In the meantime, I ordered 3 pictures from Disney's Photopass program. It hurt a little to do so because I know some of mine were better (the backdrop look real with the right manual settings) but I'm so happy to have pictures of what Rachel looked like the night of the Princess and Pirate party! We're going back to the roller rink for someone else's party in 2 weeks, so maybe we'll take a picture or two there and just journal about her 10th party. Rachel was crushed too. Turning 10 was HUGE deal for her... double digits and all. We celebrated, as you can tell, for over a week. (It helps that her birthday fell during spring break and we were actually at Disney where she wore a birthday button all week. :))

I've asked my dad and his wife for copies of any pictures they took at dinner on Rachel's actual birthday. We had dinner with Cinderella and friends that night at the Grand Floridian. No one else actually had a camera at the roller rink, but we'll be back there for another party in April, so I will probably take a picture or two to use with journalling about Rachel's party for our scrapbook.

We're going for portraits tomorrow with my sister-in-law. We're doing the grandkids together (baby is 4 months old now), all of us together, and then the individual families. It will be nice to have those. It's a surprise for my mother-in-law's birthday, but I'm happy to have something like this too. We've never been ones to do regular family portraits, only a family shot at a wedding here and there. Didn't even do one at the last wedding, which was my sister-in-law's 2 years ago. I'm not sure I even exist in any photos from that wedding at all, but that's another story. Dh insisted he took some when I was dancing, but I never saw them (and they were on my camera). I think my sister had one of me dancing with dh too.. so I take that back.

1 comment:

Cupcake said...

Hey Melissa,
I hope you can reclaim some of your lost pictures. That is heart breaking.
Love your posted layouts. Good job girl!
Please email me with your address(I know I have it somewhere already but looking for it would be entirely too much work :-)) you have a monogram coming your way!
Glad you're back girlie!