Monday, March 26, 2007

:)

This is how we spent Sunday afternoon.
This is everyone- my husband, daughter, my sister-in-law (dh's sister), my brother-in-law and their 4 month old baby. Shhh! It's a birthday surprise for my mother-in-law. I know she's going to shed buckets when she sees this. We are sending her a framed 11x14 of the whole gang and a framed 8x10 of each individual family.



I couldn't decide which version to use for our individual family shot. I ended up framing the vertical one for both my mom-in-law and our house, but the more I look at this one (the horizontal), the more I like it. I have to admit I shyed away from it at first because all I see is my belly. Now that I've said, maybe it's all you see too. LOL. I am very self counsious about it. Yes, the shirt is big too and that probably makes it worse. And, this will have to serve as the hair update for now too. Go back and look into the archives from when I went to the Martha Stewart show at the end of September. Or, look at December's hair pic. Amazing, huh? And so many curls! Won't talk about the gray. That's another post... need to figure out how to take care of that with out too much fuss.







I'm so glad Joi suggested we do these pics. I know my mother-in-law will be totally overjoyed (so don't tell!), but I am also so happy to have them! We've never done a casual family portrait... just formal ones at my sister's wedding when Rachel was 2 and on some cruises. This is such a treasure!

3 comments:

Cupcake said...

Melissa,
What great pictures and I don't see a belly at all, I see a wonderful family. And I love the hair. So sassy and spunky - matches the new perky "girls" :-)
Thanks for your addy!

Take care my friend!

Anonymous said...

Your new haircut is super cute! Love the curls! I don't notice the belly at all. Your shirt just white washes it out.

Steph said...

I actually really like the horizontal one because I can see your pretty face-- you're hidden in shadow on the vertical one.