Monday, February 12, 2007

Primal Scream!

Primal scream therapy.

I think I am becoming a believer in this technique. It's about all I feel like doing today.

I am reminded of part of why I was not blogging this "adventure" back in the first several weeks. Was it privacy? Was admitting it was really happening? Was it fear? No. It was that I spent so much &*^&(*^&*()% effort and *(&*)^&)^) time fighting the insurance company that I didn't have time to dwell on anything else.

So, here we are. One day before surgery. I still have multiple calls to make to ensure Rachel gets where she needs to go this week. I have an appointment with my oncologist to discuss all the side effects I'm having on Arimidex and decide whether I should continue or try something else. I pary he doesn't leave that decision to me because I can't make this decision. This class of medication was shown to be the best at preventing recurrence for my type of cancer in post-menopausal women (I am one of those now that I have no ovaries) so I am not anxious to stop it. I am anxious to stop the joint and muscle pain and issues with my hands, though. Very anxious!

To top it all off, guess who my first phone calls of the day are going to be with? Yes. You guessed it. The &*^&) insurance company. Not only did they short the surgeon on payment from having the expanders placed back in September, they did not pay for my last post op visits. The bills are growing and it makes me sick. If I had the money, I'd hire someone to deal with them for me. This is ridiculous.

So, that brings me back the topic for today.

Primal scream therapy.

Feel free to join me. No charge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

coming out of lurk mode to wish you well tomorrow. I found you from breastcancer.org, and I like your attitude and spunk!