Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Bye, Bye Bricks! Hello Gummy Bears.

Can't say I'm sorry to see them go.

It's really too bad that actual incisions have to be made to remove them and place my gummy bears. The plastics nurse called them the creme de la creme of implants. (I don't speak French so if my spelling is off, I apologize.. Caro can correct me. LOL)

The overt stress from yesterday is over. In another life, I would have blamed my mood on PMS. You can't do that when you have no ovaries. No ovaries, no PMS. No hormonal fluctuations, especially when you take a medication that prevents even your adrenal glands from producing minute amounts of estrogen. As of today, I am on a medication holiday to see what happens with the side effects, but that's another story for another post down the road. I totally recognize that what I experienced yesterday was stress related. The headache, the foul mood, the physical tension. Even my blood pressure. I knew it was going to be high. I was relieved that it was not very high, but it was higher than my new normal. It's interesting that since cancer invaded my life, my blood pressure has dropped back into a healthy range for the first time in years. I ran borderline high for a long time and I do suspect a portion of that was stress related. Once again, another story for another today.

Today is surgery day! It kind of stinks that it's not until the afternoon. Why? More anxiety? No, it's no food. NPO after midnight. (NPO=nothing by mouth). My dh is a doll as always. Around 11 pm, he brought me a cannoli. Sadly, even though I waited to eat dinner until about 9 pm, my stomach is already growling! I don't get to eat again until late this afternoon.

Off to find something else to do to occupy the waiting time...

The next time I post, I'll have a new body yet again.

It's all just so bizarre.

No comments: