Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

That should read "hair yesterday, gone today!"

My hair is supposed to fall out around July 3 or 4. The shop where I bought my wig is closed those days, plus we are going to be away. I needed to get my wig fitted properly, so off went my hair!

Rachel and I headed out to the shop together, camera in hand. She became the official photographer for the event. I admit I was anxious and a bit sad. I didn't want it to turn into a tearful event though. There were a few tears the day before and a couple that I tried to hide on the drive there. But once we were there, I put that all away. We actually laughed and giggled through the whole cutting process. I had a moment of shock when I realized just how much I really do look like my father without my hair! I'll have to upload some pics when I have time. I am shocked to find that I am more comfortable walking around bald and I am half tempted to go out in public like this. It's really more of a super short buzz cut at this point. I haven't lost a single hair yet, but that's bound to change soon!

I had my megabucks wig fitted along with some that were gifted from a co-worker who just did this routine 6 months ago. The one I bought is long, around the length I normally wear my hair. A little lighter and a little redder, though. Might just have to match this color when I do get my own hair back this fall. The two wigs I was given are very short but might work well for work. I have a 4th choice from http://www.hatandhair.com . I have the Jennifer style with two baseball caps. I think it needs to be trimmed a bit. All this, and a few hats and I'm ready to face the world!

Howie and I are almost a match set now. He also gave himself a buzz cut today. Not quite as short as mine, but pretty close. I really do have to get some of these photos uploaded!