Thursday, October 30, 2008

It's almost over!

Yes! Pink month is almost over. :) Are you aware? I sure am.
I've had billions of blog entries floating around in my head, but nothing that I felt compelled to put to paper.. err.. keyboard.
I do have pictures to share. They are all very pink, so I hope you'll pardon me. While pink is a color that I do actually like and has been one of my favorites for a long time, I'm just tired of pink at the moment, so I just might not share my Race for the Cure photos nor Rachel's Halloween photos (we did a pre-Halloween photo shoot on the canal) until after Nov 1.
On other fronts, it is that time of year again. The Nutcracker is rapidly approaching and I will be doing more decorated pointe shoes to sell at our boutique. They are available for purchase directly through me as well, with all the profits going directly to DanceVision. To answer other questions that have come up, the shoes are NOT meant to be danced in and come in a variety of sizes- basically whatever I am given to work with. I can post pics of these later next month as well.
In the meantime, I *can* share some other photos, and maybe even make you hungry.


These cheesy garlic biscuits remind me very much of the biscuits from Red Lobster. Better yet, they are pretty quick and easy to make. This recipe comes courtesy of Alisa Bangerter and PaperCraft Magazines upcoming special issue, PC Gourmet.

Cheesy Garlic Drop Biscuits
INGREDIENTS
2 c. flour
2 tbsp. granulated sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2/3 c. butter or margarine
1 1/2 c. grated cheddar cheese
1 1/4 c. milk
Chives (optional)

DIRECTIONS
Mix together dry ingredients. Cut in butter with pastry cutter until mixture is fine. Add cheese and mix well. Add milk and stir until just moistened. Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet. Sprinkle top with chopped dried or fresh chives if desired. Bake at 400 degrees for approx. 15 minutes


I admit that I don't have a pastry cutter and I'm not sure I'd know what one looks like unless perhaps my 11 yo daughter pointed it out. I do have a nice Kitchen Aid mixer (thank you Martha) and it works quite well for this purpose!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm a sucker for Red Lobster biscuits so I will try this recipe.

BTW, I was taught to bake by my grandmother who never used a pastry cutter, let alone a mechanical monster, a/k/a food processor.

We used two small sharp knives, one in each hand. Making cutting motions in the bowl -- right hand from 12 to 5 and left hand from 12 to 7 -- does that make sense. It works nicely and best of all it doesn't take up room on the counter, it's a breeze to clean up.

Thx for the recipe!!