Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A little more Nutcracker

Just wanted to give equal time and share a few photos from Act 1.





I ended up with a great seat from which to take photos during the actual performance! I was a few rows back, but with mostly children in front of me. I was able to watch the entire Saturday night performance (which was magnificent) and then the second half of the final performance on Sunday afternoon so I could see Rachel as a Candy Cane (as in the previous post).
Speaking of the arts, I urge you to sign this on-line petition asking President Elect Obama to create a new position, Secretary of the Arts. The petition was started by NYC Opera orchestra bassist Jaime Austria. It's brief and to the point. You can sign and leave your email address as private.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those photos are fantastic!!! She looks GORGEOUS and so grown up!

Andrea Amu said...

Wonderful shots, Melissa! She looks fabulous :)

Jennifer Stewart said...

Wow, she looks beautiful!

And thanks for you comment on my blog about the ballet. :) I would love to take a class again eventually. Spending extra money right now just isn't in the plan, so hopefully sometime this year I can get into a regular adult class. I would love it! I bet you feel great!

Jen