Monday, November 19, 2007

Looking for an update?

I know, I know.


Long time, no blogging. I've probably lost my handful of once faithful readers.


My excuses?


I don't know. I've certainly had many entries written in my head. There was the one about being relieved that October, National Pink Ribbon Month, was over. There was the new episode of Tales from the Cancer Chronicles, the one where Mom (me) can make her boobs dance. Oh.. there were actually two episodes for Tales from the Cancer Chronicles. The other one was yet another silly boob trick. If you hold up a flash light to your foob (a new word for fake boob... get it.. Fake bOOB. LOL), it will glow. Not the flashlight. The foob. For some reason, one of mine glows better than the other. You can also see all the vessels left in the skin. Cool, huh? Granted, this is a trick I never thought to try with my old breasts. Someone try it and let me know. :P And not on a radiated breast. I can almost guarantee that won't work.


As for everything else... I had a nice normal exam (we like those) with my breast surgeon this week. I see the medical oncologist in 3 months. I see both of these docs every 6 months, but the appointments are spread out so that I'm seeing someone every 3 months. I see the podiatrist again next month. Yup, still working on that toenail issue from August. Not pretty. So glad it's winter and I don't want to wear sandals! Really hoping it's normal by summer!

I finally got to meet up with once of my fellow YSC friends, Steph, earlier this month. Amazing what you can do with a timer on the camera. Too bad you don't get to see me jumping over the fence and running to get into the shot. This was also probably about 2 weeks after my first post-chemo haircut. Definitely much less poofier than it was before. I'm thinking I might just keep it around this length. Hmm.. I'm also thinking maybe I should have gotten that shirt in a smaller size after all. I generally buy everything one to two sizes smaller than I wore before, but when something comes in S, M or L, I just go for the medium when I probably should try on the small to at least make sure I'm buying the right size. I'm looking forward to the day when I am actually used to this body and can buy things without trying them on in every size!







1 comment:

Andrea Amu said...

Glad all is well, Melissa! You are too funny...glowing foobs! That's a lovely photo of you and your friend!

Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!